Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

Even by David Lynch's standards this is one hell of a mighty dark and scary film, perhaps the most so of any he's made. It is a prequel to the series showing the sequence of events leading up to Laura Palmer's death as well as an introduction to several "new" characters of which we were to see in subsequent films. Due to the the poor response from the public, which is understandable because this picture is way the hell out there (even by Lynch's standards) and no doubt confused the bejezus out of a many fan of the TV series, the sequels were never made which is a shame becuase I would have liked to seen the agent characters played by Chris Isaak, Kiefer Sutherland and David Bowie. As far as the film goes I simply love it despite how dark it is and I'm rather shocked Sheryl Lee never won any awards for her amazing performance. If I have one complaint it would be Jack Nance not appearing. Scenes were shot and scrapped but somehow a Lynch flick without Nance just seems incomplete. A warning, this is not for the viewers who thought the TV show to be cute and quirky, it is extremely visceral and will even throw hardened vets for a loop or two.

2 Comments:

Anonymous mister anchovy said...

I haven't thought about Twin Peaks for years. I saw the film and yet now I hardly remember it. At a certain point, I found myself not caring about David Lynch's vision any more, and I find that a little difficult to explain.

7:49 AM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

I love TP:FWWM. It's quite possibly my favourite of all the Lynch movies.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home