Thursday, February 12, 2009

Walk the Line

The year was 2006 and Joaquin Phoenix was riding the wave of fame and fortune with a second Oscar nomination for best actor with his portrayal of the legendary Johnny Cash. Fast forward the time machine to right now 2009 and you have Joaquin appearing on the LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN and judging by the shape he showed up in he's doing research to play Steve Earle back when he struggled with heroin. I was certainly scratching my head when I heard he was leaving acting to persue a living making hip hop music and then I saw the now infamous You-Tube footage of him performing said hip-hop live and scratched my scalp raw. Now I think there may be brain matter leaking from my skull from scratching too hard after Letterman....no wait...that was on an episode of HOUSE....nevermind. There is of course the thought this whole thing is nothing but fodder for a Casey Affleck spoof flick and I will admit in watching Letterman last night you couldn't help but think he must be in on the joke, still, the jury remains well out in left field on this theory. When it comes to WALK THE LINE he knocked the bottom clean out of that roll and no matter what he does in the future he's left a legacy of amazing film work and I think that is all I wish to say about that for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

Oh that is sad I've heard a few things about him having a meltdown.

He's had problems with self medication...maybe since he quit drinking he's moved to a different poison, or maybe he is drinking again. I suspect it one of the above. I love him though and hope he doesn't quit acting.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home