Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Bucket List

A dear old friend of mine instant messaged me in the middle of the night concerning THE BUCKET LIST. He was going on about how much he was reminded of me by Jack Nicholson in this film and after seeing it for myself I'm thinking I have to track this buddy down as I'm not so sure he was paying me a compliment! As to be expected we receive stellar performances from Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, superb direction from the accomplished Rob Reiner but when you get down to the nuts and bolts of it THE BUCKET LIST is light fluff on the topic of mortality. I gather what sets it aside from plain old entertainment is how this film seems to have inspired so many people to make their own bucket list, regardless of age, and in my opinion this is a mighty fine thing. Great to see veteran Beverly Todd getting some big screen time and it was also special to see Morgan work with his son Alfonso, not a first I believe they shared a scene in SE7EN but still nice just the same. It has a great little twist ending and is well worth a viewing provided you don't demand too much of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home