Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Blair Witch Project

Where do I begin with this modern masterpiece of horror? Well, I make no appologies for being a fan...in fact, my signed poster which the writer/director's gave me hangs in the hall way beside me as I write this! The amount of Blair Witch swag I have is stunning, touques, back packs, flasks, jacket, tin cup, even Blair Witch elastic bands and balloons...about the only thing missing is B.W. boxers! This of course has nothing to do with the film itself. Some have said it's the most boring and nauseating (because of the hand held camera work) thing they've ever seen. Doesn;t bloody matter, they are in the minority who simply "didn't get it". This was a cultural phenomena, the likes I may never see again in my lifetime. The point is, this is experimental film making based on the psychology of fear 101. The actors are not acting..period...they had no idea what they were getting themselves into and the results are terrifying. I enjoy the effects laden shockers as much as anybody but what Eduardo Sanchez and Daniel Myrick creating here will scare your socks off if you let your mind run with it. Eight years alter it will still do this and I highly think you should have another look at this monster for Halloween, mind you, you may not thank me later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home