Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Score

Another I caught from the couch and another I didn`t like all that much when it was first released. However this time around I found it rather entertaining but still had the sense I`d seen all of this before. Edward Norton does double duty here being both a gimp and a baddie ala Kevin Spacey in THE USUAL SUSPECTS. Robert De Niro is...well... De Niro...we`ve seen all of this before and Marlon Brando.....well....he looks like he still thought he was on the set of THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU.....I`m serious...he does. Mind you, this is the only time he and De Niro would work together and no doubt Norton was in absolute awe (and righteously so!) to have been working alongside the two of them. There are some interestin technical aspects to the film but it really is a bit on the slow and stale side which surprised me as Frank Oz directed this baby, with some uncredited help from De Niro himself. Worth a look on a slow night, otherwise there are better things to spend your time on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home