Monday, June 04, 2007

Rushmore

Wes Anderson is one of those directors who I feel fall under the you either love 'em or hate 'em category. For me, he falls under the "damn this guy is good but for the life of me I can't watch his stuff" category. This would be because the nature of his work makes me squirm in my skin. It's a brand of dark comedy I just can't take as it hits far too close to home for me. I finally forced myself to sit through RUSHMORE...much like I had to do with THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS and it was a very unpleasant experience. Is RUSHMORE a good film> Damn straight it is! Wonderful performances from the great Bill Murray and Olivia Williams and an amazing debut for Jason Schwartzman in an all around fabulous production........problem is just what I mentioned...it made me squirm in my skin...even with the happy ending....soooooooooo..I think you should read somebody elses blurb on this one. Look for a cameo from Owen Wilson who also cowrote the screenplay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home