Friday, January 15, 2010

Up in the Air

I've tried three times now to finish the Walter Kirn novel this is based on and still haven't managed to do so. I think it has something to do with it being far too friggin' wordy for the subject matter. Just the same, I bought into the critical hype behind the film, George Clooney is fabulous and will finally get his Oscar, Jason Reitman is the director of the hour and has delivered a film for our times etc. etc. and blah blah and more hyperbolic blah. Well, I hope you were busy spending your hard earned dolllars on SHERLOCK HOLMES or AVATAR as I should have been as I'm of the opinion UP IN THE AIR should have crashed like Oceanic Flight 815 'cause by gawd did it ever suck! Sure, Clooney was good, he always is but of the poor bastard gets an Oscar for this it will be an injustice.....he's simply done much better work. Think SYRIANA or MICHAEL CLAYTON. I know he's about to do the genuinely good think with the Haitian eathquake relief benefit so we'll leave him alone and there really isn't anything wrong with Reitman's film as such other than it doesn't live up to the praise and you can quite easily wait for the DVD where it will be more than entertaining for an evening and quickly forgotten by the time HOUSE reruns start at midnight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous CJ said...

This just looks like a renter...soooo I gues ill be renting it :D

3:58 PM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Oops...I liked it a lot more than you did...but Stagg's parents DID NOT like it at all!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home