Monday, June 01, 2009

Iron Man

I can't say I was all that surprised IRON MAN was a box office hit nor was I taken aback by just how good it was. No. What shocked me was discovering Jon Favreau directed it. I don't mind him as an actor but I had absolutely no idea he was involved behind the scenes as much as was and still is. The idea of casting Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, never mind his then once again rising star power, seems natural and you almost swear he's not acting for most of the film. Nice to see Jeff Bridges having fun and really, if I had one complaint about IRON MAN it would be using Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury but hey, why not. Not quite up there with SPIDER-MAN or THE DARK NIGHT but well worth the time.

2 Comments:

Blogger mister anchovy said...

I was surprised this one is as good as it is. I expected to hate it and I was charmed.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous CJ said...

Fun movie. Great cast. Yet I could watch Robert Downey Jr. wash dishes. :)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home