Thursday, May 28, 2009

Miami Rhapsody

It may just be a coincidence Sarah Jessica Parker playing a marriage obsessed neurotic under the direction of David Frankel, coincidence being she would play pretty much the same character years later on SEX AND THE CITY under said director. As for MIAMI RHAPSODY it's a fair enough picture but it didn't do much for me. I've always been of the mind if I want pablum neurosis I chose a Woody Allen film and even his movies don't always do it. Antonio Banderas and Mia Farrow have a few good moments but nothing special enough to make this one stand out. Look for a cameo from Michelle Russo and as always Ben Stein is great.

2 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

I haven't seen this in years. For me the break out Parker role was in L.A. Story...and I think she got this movie as part of a series of roles that worked sometimes and sometimes not. Compared to really insane people...her character here is just downright normal ha ha! A movie with her I really liked, and so did my daughter, we've seen it a number of times, is "the Family Stone". It's told and written a little differently for a rom-com.

7:27 AM  
Blogger tama said...

are you OK? come home. home is where the heart is, home is so remote. love t.e.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home