Saturday, May 23, 2009

Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

So, tell me what's wrong with this picture........Harold is now at the helm of the Enterprise and Kumar is working for Barack Obama ?!?!??!?!?!?!?! Sometime life simply is stranger than fiction though I will grant you some are of the mind STAR TREK is fiction....for others...well....a different story. Point I'm trying to make here is you have two smart actors in John Cho and Kal Penn playing two smart characters in a film which turns stereotypes on their heads. Smart and bloody funny. There are a few comedic scenes over the years which hold a strange power of me, that of causing me to simply lose my shit! One is when Dr. Evil is dinged in the cubes by the "meteorite" in GOLDMEMBER, there are of course many others but one is here. It is the short scene where the old lady looks at Kumar and sees him as a terrorist. Hell, they use it in the previews, it's very short but damned if I don't start laughing my fool head off every time I see it. ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO BAY doesn't have quite the same kick as GO TO WHITECASTLE and suffers slightly from being too well thought out and preachy but that being said it is still heads and shoulders above most of the comedies being released these days. Neil Patrick Harris is back for the ride and you wont have to look too hard to see the great Echo Valley's cameo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home