Saturday, May 16, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

There is a good reason why I'm not a film director. Never mind the fact nobody in their right mind would throw a couple million bucks my way to make one, but if they did, and say it just so happened to be Danny Boyle's SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE I swear I would have had Jamal get smucked by a train as he was crossing the tracks to embrace his beloved Latika. Oh, did I ruin something for you? I highly doubt it. This baby would not have been the runaway smash it is was if it pulled off the "kill the lovers" stunt made famous by Billy Shake and used so often in the '70's. No, you have to have the guy get rich AND get the girl, hence, why I didn't direct it because not only would I have Jamal get smucked, I'd have the train derail and take out a shit load of other folks including Latika and it wouldn't have made a damn penny!
That being said, SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE is a truly wonderful piece of work on all levels and more than lives up to it's reputation. Amazingly scripted, stunningly presented and superbly acting it was no wonder it danced away with so many little gold statues and yes, it even put a smile on my face.

2 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

I LOVE this movie!

10:28 AM  
Blogger mister anchovy said...

I liked it too.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home