Saturday, December 20, 2008

Army of Darkness

After EVIL DEAD 2-DEAD BY DAWN it was easy to see where Sam Raimi was heading with this project and in ARMY OF DARKNESS he sure manages to deliver the goods. Forget this being a horror film, it is pure slap-stick fun with bucket loads of gory laughs. Bruce Campbell cements his throne as ruler of modern ham in this piece which is jam packed with nods, homages and in-jokes and I find it interesting they manage to use the "Klattu, Barada, Nikto" line when the recent remake of THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL to my mind did not. Could have done with seeing a bit more of Bridget Fonda and Patricia Tallman but you take what you can get and after seeing ARMY OF DARKNESS you will understand why this was so readily able to be adapted into a musical.

1 Comments:

Blogger Martimer said...

I think I just made my XMAS eve plans .... Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2:Dead by Dawn, Army of Darkness.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home