Monday, June 16, 2008

Eye of the Beholder

Stephan Elliott had already carved an eccentric little niche out for himself with WELCOME TO WOOP WOOP and THE ADVENTURES OF PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT by the time he got to releasing this brain twister in 1999. So, it was no surprise to me when it drew every little prententious film school twit, director wannabe art fuck snob out of the woodwork and I swear I was tempted to bitch-slap more idiots who droned on and on and on for hours about just what the hell EYE OF THE BEHOLDER is all about. I shan't make the same mistake with you here. All you need to know is Ewan McGregor is the star here despite equal billing going to Ashley Judd. Maybe she deserved it though I thought (here I go, sounding just like those morons I despise so) Kaitlin and Anne-Marie Brown were the real marque players here. Many felt the use of K.D. Lang was wrong....she worked for me but I will say Genevieve Bujold was pretty much wasted. A mention also has to go out to 90210'er Jason Priestley who sure does a bang-up job of shedding his teenie bopper image in this one. As a said before, a brain twister, damn serious one at that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home