Thursday, October 04, 2007

Species II

FECES II would have been more apt! What a fucking stinker of a film. It looks to me as if the runaway success of the first film garnered a boat load of cash in the pockets of some coked up producers who rounded up any B-List Hollywooder they get their drugged up mitts on and threw them into this shit stormed mess of a movie. The plot??????.........uhhhhh...sex ed 101....who does it?????....the birds and the bees and oh yes the species! I can forgive Natasha Henstridge for this one and to her credit she was featured on the coolest movie poster of all time which was a lenticular showing her turning into the creature.....this hung in my kitchen, much to the ex`s chagrin for years! Yes, I can forgive her and I might even let CSI uber-babe Marg Helgenberger off of the hook and is there any sense razzing Michael Madsen who is actually the best actor on screen here which should tell you something. What I want to know is what Peter Boyle (all but unused!) and James Cromwell were doing here. Unlike the first this is simply a hodge podge of bad science and aliens thingies ripping naked women apart during sex, which under normal circumstances would be my cup of coffee but here it comes off as a CHEECH AND CHONG film. One good thing is a cameo from Richard Belzer as the president of the United States...I at least HOPE that laugh was intentional.

FECES II indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home