Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Pond in Hell is Freezing

As if one needed yet another sign of the impending apocalypse, allow me to say I am in fact going to see Barbara Streisand tonight, and after the dreadfully boring Iron Maiden show last night I'm quite looking forward to it. It would be hard for me to knock the Maiden boys, having seen them so many times over the years, and rather than a bunch of old geezers, the crowd was mainly 14 to 17 year olds which I found quite surprising. They seemed to be having the time of their lives so we'll just leave it at that.
Why Babs? She's never played Toronto before and as a cultural observation exercise I figured it simply could not be missed. Besides, I've been involved in a Julio Iglesias riot....why not shoot for a Princess meltdown. Also, I must confess I have sat through Lentil and it wasn't nearly as horrible as I had been led to believe.

The Julio riot was a gas! He was doing a signing tour to promote the Starry Night album, showed up late and left early. All of these blue hairs pushing the guards and knocking the security barriers over. Some serious fun that was!

I'll let you have the details on tonight's mess in the morning!

2 Comments:

Blogger mister anchovy said...

When I looked through the newspapers today at work, featured were pictures of Barbra Streisand because she is playing in town, and Patti Smith, because she just played the last show ever at CBGBs. Both are icons really, and both in their later career. I don't know if I could handle a Streisand show from start to finish or not. I've never been to a show by either performer, though I really wish I had had a chance to see Patti Smith in the 70s.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

I have seen Patti Smith and she is really something. I am not into the Babs show per se, but I am so surprised you didn't make it, because I cans ee for the pop culture aspect it being fascinating. But hey we don't have o see every performance do we? Going to GWAr againa re we? Well, I had a great time with you last year and hope the show is great. We toyed with going to see them here in Chicago...but are going to see Method Man and some WuTang Clan instead, in November.

HUGS!

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home