Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Clash of the Titans

Louis Leterrier delivers a faithful remake of this 1981 "classic" and fans of the original will be happy. It's just as cheesy, over-the-top and silly as the original despite the fact we have CGI replacing Dynamation. To Leterrier's credit he did his best to lure Ray Harryhausen out of retirement for this project but Ray was having no part of that action. I had a bit of a problem with Sam Worthington in the lead as Perseus though I can't think of who I would have rather seen. Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes seem to having fun with the ham sandwiches and the lovely Gemma Arterton if fab as Io. Truth be told though, I was never that gig on the original and though this is slick and action packed it struck me as more of that been there and seen that stuff though I'll give the giant scorpions ther due. Biggest surprise for me was being happy to see Bubo the owl which I hated in the first. Catch it in 3-D if you can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

I still can't believe we haven't made it out to see this one yet! Must try to find it...release the cracken!!!!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home