Friday, May 21, 2010

The Company

I had no idea Neve Campbell used to be involved in ballet, I gather she knew that so she went out adn wrote and produced THE COMPANY which is, you guessed it, all about the ballet. So much in fact it comes of as a documentary with a ton of modern ballet pieces with a little bit of drama thrown in. I'm not going to slam anybody, especially Neve, for putting their money where their heart's are and getting Robert Altman to direct was a major coupe but truth be told THE COMPANY didn't do much for me. It is beautiful IF you happen to like this style of dance but it kept reminding me of shorts I used to see on BRAVO in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. Malcolm McDowell is fantastic as director of the troupe and James Franco serves well as the love interest when the non-dance action happens but this one, as visually beautiful as it is, will most like be for patrons of the arts only.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home