Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Closed for Winter (Elise)

To my knowledge I've never read a book by Georgia Bland and I'd never seen a film by James Bogle but I sure as Heaven know Natalie Imbruglia. I must have gone through at least three copies of the LEFT OF THE MIDDLE CD so I was surprised to see her surface in this Australian film. I was twice as surprised to discover she's be quite active with both music and acting down under.....we just aren't seeing it here. CLOSED FOR WINTER is an interesting piece of "chick flick" with the BIG C reflection stuff which will require a box of tissue or two. Rather slow with little satisfaction climax wise I did however like the picture. Some understated visuals help compliment the emotional themes explored though the pacing will turn some viewers off. Certainly worth a look EARLY in the evening as later viewing will more than likely result in instant slumber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home