Friday, September 04, 2009

Loser

I found myself watching this one without any idea of what I was getting into. Sure, knew it was a little romantic teen comedy and I recognized Jason Biggs and Mena Suvari right away but what I didn't know was LOSER is a Amy Heckerling film. We of course love her for FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH and LOSER has aspects of the teen angst and wonder she captured there. By no means a great film it does manage to be above average due to the interaction bewtween Biggs and Suvari which was surprisingly effective. Parts were shot in Toronto and locals will notice landmarks from the Gay Village. Dan Aykroyd and Andrea Martin make appearances as does Scott Thompson and Greg Kinnear brings his sleaziest role to date to the plate. Light and fluffy fare for when the brain needs no stimulus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home