Friday, July 31, 2009

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Well, those who felt this was RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK meets THE X-FILES were bang on and yes, I did see this when it came out last year I'm just that bloody far behind in catching up here. Like anything you can go two ways here, you either get it or you don't but I've yet to encounter anybody who when asked about this picture went "eh...so so"......it was one end of the spectrum or the other. For my money I thought Spielberg did an excellent job of providing an action yarn and Ford was more than well up to the task making me wish he will give one more kick at the role perhaps even finding a way to bring Connery back on board. Nice to see Karen Allen back and Shia LeBeouf was nowhere as annoying as I expected but as is usually the case the standout here is Cate Blanchett morphing once again, this time into the sexy but ridiculous characture of an Eastern Block femme fatale. She alone makes this worth a look!

1 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

I've seen it a couple of times, loved it. Cried my eyes out. I'm just a wreck and hopeless romantic when it comes to Indy.

Have you seen the South Park episode? Unbelieable...even though I loved the movie I loved their routine about being beyond massively disappointed. I won't tell ya about it if you haven't seen it yet...funny stuff.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home