Sunday, May 24, 2009

Herbie Fully Loaded

Contrary to what many believe this is not a remake but a continuation of the Herbie series. These films are a guilty pleasure much like the KISS records we all had to hide when we became punks or serious metal heads, we all watched the Herbie films we just didn't admit it. Here we have Lindsay Lohan, who I'm sure will someday snag an Oscar is she doesn't crash and burn first, rescuing the loveable bug from the scrap yard. The rest is standard formula for this type of nonsense. Judging by how bad it bombed I gather this style of humor is lost on the youth of today but older folks may enjoy this blast from the past. Some interesting soundtrack work from Mark Mothersbaugh and some great hamming from Matt Dillon and Michael Keaton. Considering how the religious right are always hammering at Disney over one thing or another there was neary a peep about their choice to use director Angela Robinson mostly known for her work on THE L WORD.

1 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

I'm a fan too. And I hope Lohan can "live through this" and make more movies. I absolutely love her onscreen!

I think you and my daughter really turned me on to her version w/ Curtis of Freaky Friday! Love it!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home