Friday, January 02, 2009

The In-Laws

I'm mostly a fan of Andrew Flemings work but I kind of feel he dropped the ball with this remake of the 1979 film. Somehow the chemistry between Michael Douglas and Albert Brooks never lives up to that of Peter Falk and Alan Arkin in the original and this may be due to the fact Brooks is even more annoying here than he was in TAXI DRIVER. Still, there are some funny moments, most of them involving David Suchet whose moments at least make the film worth your time. Candice Bergen was sadly wasted and I could have done with a bit more screen time from Robin Tunney but if you are in need of a time killer this will do the trick.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok OK OK...this is one of those movies that I didn't think would be funny. Usually when the trailers are good the movie is a disapointment, not so with this movie. I have watched this movie 3 times over the yrs and it is still funny. I scene in the jacuzzi is pricless...good fun and lots of laughs...what more could you ask from a comedy.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home