Friday, May 02, 2008

Halloween

Come the fall it will be 30 years since this was released and while, like so, so, so many films I blurb here there has been much written and said concerning it. I will weigh in with these thoughts, the first being next to shower theme from PSYCHO, HALLOWEEN has the best known theme song, Jamie Lee Curtis took the scream queen to a whole new level in her feature debut and the film itself reinvented the slasher genre. Also, to this day I still find it a gas the mask Michael Myers wears was a modified Captain Kirk/William Shatner one. Ol' Billy manages to star in films he doesn't even show up for! Another great thing about HALLOWEEN is the major gaffe at the end where you can clearly see Myers walking backwards UP A RAMP to fall from the balcony. A very important piece of work to be sure!

2 Comments:

Blogger Martimer said...

Very important. I love the movie.. I love the sequels.

Halloween came out the year I was in Grade 7. I think they almost cancelled Halloween on my street. They played it in the school gym.

I always think of Don't Fear The Reaper........ and yes the two or three piano notes we all know so well.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Martimer said...

Jamie Lee Curtis actually did establish the role of scream queen didn't.

I hated wandering around the house alone at nite anyway and after this one.... jeez.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home