Monday, May 05, 2008

Arthur

This was THE film of 1981 and I'm sure you've all seen it at one point or another and I am sorry to report that upon a recent rewatch I was scratching me head wondering how the hell this managed to be such a hit. The character of Arthur played by Dudley Moore is really not that damn funny and don't even get me started on Liza Minnelli. In fact, were it not for the late great John Gielgud, who did take an Oscar for this one, the whole thing would have been a dreadful bore proving that some films are best left to memory and are not to be revisited.

1 Comments:

Blogger Martimer said...

I think that at the time ... the music business was in a state of changing the guard and the song for this movie went to number one and that dragged a lot of people in.

For me ... the early 80's were an extremely stressful time and If I'm not alone .. that would draw people into this story of a fumbling fools' life.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home