Thursday, August 02, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

What can be said of this literary/film making juggernaut that hasn't already been said.....quite a bit actually. First off. ORDER OF THE PHOENIX does not carry the same magic the last three had. This simply due to the fact it is a transitory piece of story telling necessary to move the whole concept along. That being said, it still does manage to entertain and as the saying goes "those who like it will like it a lot". I still find the casting of Daniel Radcliffe as Harry to be one of the greates ever and he brings some nice weight to the teenage angst ridden Potter in this installment. The we have Helena Bonham-Carter looking like a bloody house wife after a crytal meth binge as Bellatrix Lestrange. I would have loved to have seen more of her just as I could have done with a greater helping of Natalia Tena as Nymphadora Tonks! Gary Oldman brings a much deeper performance than one might expect in this vehicle and sadly we shan't see him in this series again. I also have to say I damn near puked from laughing too hard when Ralph (call me Raef!) Fiennes shows up looking like he had just walked out of THE ENGLISH PATIENT. I was just waiting for him to say "don't call me Voldermort, call me Vaefdermart" or something silly like that. Yeah, it's a poke at Ralph and not called for simply because he is such a damn fine actor he can go by any damn name he likes. In closing, remember to just go along for the ride and not judge this one too harshly and it was needed to set up the horror show coming up next time around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home