Thursday, August 02, 2007

Disturbing Behavior

What would you get if you took Fox and Scully out of the X-FILES? Chances are you would get something akin to DISTURBING BEHAVIOR. Directed by X-Files vet David Nutter and shot in Vancouver, this film features an amazing assortment of X-Files character actors from over the years even including Tom Braidwood's daughter Kate. Mildy ripping off aspects of THE STEPFORD WIVES, Disturbing Behavior offers fine teenage spook fest fun with James Marsden and Katie Holmes (whose running scenes are worth the price of admission alone!) at the helm, both giving fine performances showcasing their then developing talents. I must admit to finding it just a tad ironic seeing Mrs. Tom Cruise here in a brain washed zombie film as I can't help but thing of Scientology when I see anything to do with brain washing. That aside, I have to say good on Tom Cruise and if I were seeing Katie Holmes I'd be bloody well jumping up and down on Oprah's couch as well. I still don;t get why the media and public crucified poor Tom on that one and while I'm at it, even though I don't agree with some of the things he's on about I'll sure as hell defend to my death his right to say it. Considering most of the drivel falling from the mouthes of the Hollywood elite I think Cruise to be commended , not chastised, for at least having something intelligent to say...but I digress....the point I'm really trying to make here is DISTURBING BEHAVIOR is one hell of a good show for those into teen horror flicks. If you've grown too old to enjoy this sort of fare...well...go shoot yourself and get it over with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home