Friday, July 17, 2009

Tropic Thunder

OK, Robert Downey Jr. gets an Oscar nod here for a highly overrated yet funny role. Oh, I get the joke, it's "clever" but I do think the hype over TROPIC THUNDER was much ado about nothing and I kept thinking to myself this is ZOOLANDER DOES WAR or something like it. While Downey Jr. and Ben Stiller are to be our main stars they are upstaged at every corner. Hell, Tobey Maguire damn nears steals the film in the first five minutes in a cameo no less. Jack Black had some great moments with Nick Nolte and Matthew McConaughey following suit special mention must be made of Tom Cruise who was friggin' brilliant here and by far the most appealing aspect of the project for me. Entertaining, funny in parts but just a tad bit too smug for my liking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home