Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Life Less Ordinary

Here is what may very well be the first romantic comedy for the thinking man. Danny Boyle and John Hodge did amazing things with SHALLOW GRAVE and TRAINSPOTTING and they continue to do so with A LIFE LESS ORDINARY. Ewan McGregor and Cameron Diaz literally set the screen on fire with their chemistry here in what is truly a unique twist on the love/hate relationship. I'm not giving any of this plot away just in case you've not bothered to see it, just as I had until some lady forced me to watch it. I was absolutely slack jawed at how wonderful the premise was. The great Ian Holm is here as is Holly Hunter, Delroy Lindo, Ian McNeice, Stanley Tucci, Tony Shalhoub and local man of wonder Mauray Chaykin in a simply magnificent role. Sharply scripted with superb acting make this one not to be missed...and yes...I know I've said that before and perhaps I should get a life instead of sitting around watching films all day but hey...somebody has to do it...and yes...I know there are lots of other people doing it and getting paid to boot but hey...it's my life...far less ordinary...and I'll do with it what I please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home