Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Pet Sematary

I honestly think this is one of the best horror films ever made. Stephen Kings throws everything into this sucker and with great success I might add. A simple plot with complex undertones, genuine suspense and creep-outs with some great gross-outs thrown in to boot. Mary Lambert, who had great success in the music video business having worked with the likes of Janet Jackson and Madonna has the perfect style for this project and her use of colours and scenic back drops is amazing. The opening scene is one of the best paced I've ever viewed and it set's the tone for the action to follow. Dale Midkiff could have been a touch stronger in my mind but Denise Crosby more than ballances this off. Fred Gwynne would have walked away with the whole show were it not for the amazing performance of Miko Hughes who in his film debut is utterly amazing. King adapted his own novel for this one and it shows...I seriously think this is the best film made of his work...even better than Kubrick's take on THE SHINING.....and hey....with THE RAMONES adding to the soundtrack you just can't lose!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a Pet Semetery dream last night and then your post pops up in my Google news alerts today. Creepy, lol!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home