Saturday, September 22, 2007

Payback

I've laways been surprised Brian Helgeland doesn't get more directorial work in L.A. these days. He followed this gem of a flick up with the highly popular A KNIGHT'S TALE but seems to be stuck in the scripting department. Perhaps he didn't enjoy the headaches of the director's chair. .....who knows....point is..he does great work here as does Mel Gibson. Every little quirk and foible Gibson has is put to perfect use here so much so you actually think he IS Porter. If it wasn't for CONSPIRACY THEORY I'd be tempted to say this is his best work. The support here is nothing to stick your tongue out at either and when you get a boo at Lucy Liu's character you'll flip your lid! I don't wish to say anything more on this one as it's one to be discovered on your own...I will say they all but wasted Deborah Karen Unger's talents here but alas such is the nature of bit roles. Trust me...this one delivers...and hard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home