Thursday, August 02, 2007

Garfield

The world at large seems to have had a field day ripping this poor film to shreds when it came out. To them I have this little news flash....it's a friggin' kid's film already...so get over it. I actually remember listening to a group of secretaries in a food court complaining how this film was not faithful to the comic strip. Then again, I'm guilty of doing the same when it comes to Spider-Man and such so I suppose I should keep my trap shut. Point here is, as a kid's flick there ain't a damn thing wrong with GARFIELD. It's innocuous harmless fun perfect for a six year old which might explain why Bill Murray came on board for the voice work. Fans of his may very well wish to check this baby out simply to hear him mangle the blues. I suppose it also worth mentioning Jennifer Love Hewitt who brings her "talents" to the cat food dish. All and all, good light fun for the young of heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home