Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Valentine's Day

An all-star chick flick named after the sappiest day of the year....yup....it's as bad as you think! BUT I loved it. The whole thing struck me as what life would be like if you had a dozen movie channels and an ol' big ass clicker. There are maybe a dozen stories going on in this Garry Marshall picture and maybe a hundred faces you'll know which is why I enjoyed it so much. It's TMZ in movie form. Hell, even Taylor Swift makes an appearance, her first and it's hilarious...as in funny good and I'll fess up to being happy to see her despite that damn overplayed 15 song of hers.
Ashton Kutcher......love the guy but fuck me he was bad in this one. Julia Roberts....worse and why does she always do an airplane scene in these type of flicks. Great scene between Anne Hathaway and Queen Latifah....well...actually between Hathaway and herself. Jennfer Garner and Bradley Cooper.....why Marshall didn't do the obvious ALIAS reunion is beyond me. Jamie Foxx and the acid reflux line is classic and you bloody well can't tell me he didn't enjoy working with Jessica Biel. Anna Kulinova cameos, there is a dog named Pushkin and a shot with Alexis Peters who just so happens to be the niece of Joe Mantegna who STEALS the film with one FIVE SECOND cameo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home