Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A Dangerous Woman

This chicker where Debra Winger stars as a mentally challenged girl who is framed for a small theft at her work and has some sexual thingamajiggies going on put my ass to bloody sleep but upon discussing it with others I've discovered it has quite the following. I suppose Winger had to take such a role sooner or later as every "serious thespian" seems required to these days and while the cast is well rounded out with the likes of Gabriel Byrne, David Straithairn and director Dady Gyllenhaal's kids Maggie and Jake making their second big screen appearances, this one just didn't do much for me. Great to see Chloe Webb getting some screen time and of course Winger makes it watchable even if it couldn't keep me awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home