Monday, February 16, 2009

House of Sand and Fog

I seem to recall this as being marketed as a horror film, I could be mistaken, and on many levels it is. One could also refer to this debut feature from Ukranian director Vadim Perelman as the end sum of an unfortunate series of events. In a nut shell, Ben Kingsley (Oscar nominated for this role) buys Jennifer Connelly's wrongfully sold house and many bad things happen. The film takes it's time to develop it's characters and theme and I don't wish to spoil it for those who've yet to see it but I can say it is very slow and will not be to the tastes of many. While Kingsley gives yet another amazing performance poor Connelly's character is left to flounder and this is odd as I gather we are supposed to have sympathy for her but in the end I guarantee you will not wish her well. Not a feel good film in the least and if your Prozak is running low I'd suggest you avoid it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home