Monday, February 16, 2009

Criminal

Ive not seen NUEVE REINAS of which this is a remake so I am unable to compare the two but I can say I wasn't to thrilled wit the directorial debut of the usually behind the scenes Gregory Jacobs. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine little con film and big fans of John C. Reilly will be happy but I found it slow and to be honest boring. Diego Luna who in most cases you can count on for some fair action, emotionally at least, seems to be wasted as an actor here and while the odd spark is seen out of Maggie Gyllenhaal the film just never seems to pick up the pace. Perhaps this is the point but by the time we arrived at the ending, which I quite enjoyed, my eyelids were closing and I didn't care what happened. Others may have a different take on that and hey, it's OK but if you're reading this you must have wanted an opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home