Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Saam gwok dzi gin lung se gap (Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon)

The advance hype on this Daniel Lee epic was such you swore you were in for the film of the decade. I must confess I've only seen one of his films HAK HAP (BLACK MASK) so I can't fairly judge his body of work. I'm aware there are some historical issues on the Japanese style of armour worn by the Chinese warriors, I can't comment on that. I know there was a fuss about casting Maggie Q which I can kind of get but don't fully understand. What I can say is this was one rather long and boring piece of work. Some interesting visuals but the whole thing came off as a yawn inducing video game. I'm sure some will think it's the cat's ass but I honestly can't recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home