Saturday, July 26, 2008

The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Never mind THE DARK KNIGHT or HELLBOY 2 THE GOLDEN ARMY, this is the baby I've been waiting for. I miss Mulder and Scully and right from the first haunting notes of the theme this was a reunion of the first order. We've seen much of Duchovny since the demise of the series but Anderson has been low key and it was great to see she has aged well. Not that it's be so long but she has grown with her character and it shows here. Of course I'm not going to give any of the plot elements away, this would ruin all of the fun. What I will let you know is we have my man Billy Connolly as a defrocked child mollesting priest who may or may not be a psychic. He plays the role straight ala MRS. BROWN but I must admit I had a hard time watching him without cracking up. Rapper Xzibit plays an obnoxious FBI agent and he does his work well as I gather we're supposed to hate this character and we have the lovely Amanda Peet as another agent with a slightly more open mind shall we say. The story comes off as being slightly SILENCE OF THE LAMBS in feel but when you get right down to it who the hell cares. Everybody works well, the visuals are fine and the fact is, much like the recent SEX AND THE CITY film, we're just happy to see out old friends back. Diehards will be out in the theatre no matter what anybody says and they will not be disappointed. For those not familiar with the show, and you I must say what are your doing on this blog and which bloody race of aliens abducted you for the last 15 years?!?!!?!?!, save your money. It works so-so as a stand alone but there are better ways to spend your time. For those of you who still want to believe, the truth is in fact still out there, watch your head!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home