Monday, April 21, 2008

Cry-Baby

John Waters followed HAIRSPRAY with this, another musical, and in my opinion the better of the two and it's now official, CRY-BABY is about to hit Broadway and I'm quite looking forward to it. I was never a big fan of HAIRSPRAY and I'm not a big fan of musicals in general but I still love GREASE and when Waters decided to do his take on it I was intrigued. You can hardly call it a spoof as it is genuine in heart despite some obviously silly moments. This was an early work for Johnny Depp who is now like a God or something and he sings which is interesting as he received rave reviews for the recent SWEENEY TODD. Iggy Pop and Traci Lords are here as are Joe Dallasandro and Patricia Hearst and a whole assortment of oddities which I'll let you discover for yourself. Great silly fun that will have you singing for days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home