Monday, January 14, 2008

Memoirs of a Geisha

There is very little I can add to what has been written about this lovely soul moving film other than you owe it to yourself to read the novel it is based on. I still find it amazing Arthur Golden was able to write from the female perspective as well as he did. Equally amazing is the performance delivered by Ziyi Zhang who is best known as a martial arts action star. If she brings this level of skill to the rumored live production of MULAN it will end up on my must-see list. Beautiful direction, stunning music and rich visuals...across the baord fantastic and well deserving of the three Oscars it won.

2 Comments:

Blogger mister anchovy said...

I loved the book and avoided the film because I thought it would only ruin the experience of the book for me.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a masterpeice! This movie is one of my ultimate favorites. The scenery is a feast for the eyes and the music reaches into you soul. I have since purchased the soundtrack, what a pleasure. My favortie scene is under the cherry blossoms...wow, I told a freind of mine once that to make love there would be like floating...Ahhh dare to dream!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home