Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Island

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Michael Bay's style of action film. I enjoyed THE ROCK but films like PEARL HARBOR, ARMAGEDDON left me cold. I've yet to see TRANSFORMERS so I can't comment on that one but I can say I was pleasantly surprised by THE ISLAND. Of course it's pretty hard to fuck up a film starring Ewan McGregor, Sean Bean and Scarlett Johansson but I was half expecting Bay to give it the old boy socut try. Instead we have a tightly directed, well written little action number dealing with one of our modern day hot topics...cloning. Yes, we've seen much of THE ISLAND before but as a sci-fi action thriller it more than amply gives us a well needed jolt of cerebral blasting. Not the best you will see but certainly not the worst, then again I'll watch Johansson do tire commercials for hours on end but that's another story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home