Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy Feet

OK....how many millions did the movie going public give George Miller and his crew for this animated feature about a dancing penguin? Boat loads is how many....and an Oscar to boot. For some reason I had a problem with this film...perhaps it was the smashed over the head approach with the message about over fishing, fragile eco systems and species preservation. All important issues for sure but I really don't like them with my entertainment. So, while there are some great animation sequences, great voice work from Hugh Jackman, Hugo Weaving, Elijah Wood and Nicole Kidman and an overall feel-good tone to the flick I just can't wrap my head around it....far be it for me to pan something the movie going public found fit to give boat loads of cash to though. Nope....I would never do that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch it again - the voices give so much character - you certainly missed a great story and film friend

MidnightAngel

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute...way over reated could have been 30 min shorter and had way better dancing....

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home