Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Shallow Grave

Of all the people I`ve met in my life Ewan McGregor still sticks out as one I`ve yet to and perhaps the one I`d most like to join at the pub for a couple of pints. SHALLOW GRAVE is one of his first films and his talent is very apparent here this giving us a promonition of the work that would lay ahead for him. Do not be fooled by the marketing hype for this one...SHALLOW GRAVE is in no way shape or form a comedy...it is a dark and twisted examination of the void we call the human soul and who better to explore that realm than director Danny Boyle. He would move on from here to give us such masterworks as TRAINSPOTTING and A LIFE LESS ORDINARY, both in which he would use McGregor again. Of course more recently he is known for 28 DAYS LATER which helped reinvent the zombie genre. With SHALLOW GRAVE the subject content is just as dark as you`d expect from him but there is a grittier edge. I will not divulge any of the story line though I will warn you it is not for the weak of heart or stomach. Certainly, it`s the type of film you won`t easily forget anytime soon after watching it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home