Thursday, November 22, 2007

1408

Here is a perfect example of why professional critics should be ignored...hell...most people should be ignored but that is another story. I didn't bother with 1408 for two reasons, one being the critics trashed to poor thing and the other being it's been awhile since we've had a good Stephen King film. I'm happy to report 1408 is in fact one super thrill charged ride and it's all King through and through. Wonderful blend of good old spook house action with surreal dream like sequences 1408 manages not only to scare but to be uniques in the process. Once again John Cusack shines as the paranormal cult writer about to face his worst dreams in room 1408. Samuel L. Jackson was perhaps miscast as the film may have been more authentic with only one Hollywood ace-face in the mix. Director Mikael Hafstrom, who earlier gave us DERAILED, manages to smack us in the face without overkill setting the viewer up for a wonderful twisiting knock out punch for a finale. Well worth the rental fee and definately not one to be watched alone and I guarentee you will never listen to The Carpenters in the same fashion again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

I have not seen this, and I can't even recognize the title..it must have slipped by me. I think I remember hearing about the story, and I love Cusack...but had lost track of the title. It's a weird movie title.

I am going to look for this...I suspect it's coming on one of my cable channels soon...I'll let you know

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home