Friday, November 30, 2007

S1m0ne

I swear... it seems I spend more time these days with Al Pacino than I do with my closest mates! Really, everytime I turn around..there he is on my television screen. Not that I'm complaining..I think I enjoy watching Pacino more than I enjoy talking to most people anyway and in S1m0ne we see a tender side he doesn't often show in his roles. Andrew Nicol, who gave us such gems as GATTACA and THE TRUMAN SHOW, wrote and directed this one which is yet another of his examinations of the role and reality of celebrity and identity. What makes this one special is the fine blend of humor, heart and science fiction, it's a hard thing to do and he manages to pull it off. As I often do, I will give none of the story away as it's a rocket fueled one.....what I will say I have no idea why Vancouverite Rachel Roberts isn't doing more work these days because she is stunning here. Perfect date film and more than suitable for the whole family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home