Thursday, November 29, 2007

Powder

Let me get this off of my chest right away...I fucking hate this film...I mean....REALLY hate this film...like....with a fucking passion! It's not that it's partuclarly bad though Lance Henriksen gives one of his worst performances ever here to the point I think he might have been ill during production or something because he has NEVER turned in anything even remotely as bad as this. No...I hate POWDER for the same reason I can't friggin' stand THE BOY IN THE PLASTIC BUBBLE....it's one of those kiddie chick flicks where you have to listen to sobbing nubiles go on and fucking on about how poor little Powder had it......aw man...fucking shoot me now and get it over with. Still...as much as I hate this film (did I mention that) I will give props to Sean Patrick Flanery....he did an outstanding job and it isn't his fault that writer/director Victor Salva gave him such a lame character to work with. Speaking of Salva, the poor guy made more headlines for the wrong reasons with POWDER than he ever would have hoped. A convicted child molester being funded by Disney....oh....you just knew THAT was gonna cause a major grade-A shit-storm! I was a shareholder at the time (still am) and the fuss was right off the friggin' chart. Anyway, I don't wanna rake him over the coals for his past or for this film because in my eyes he redeemed himself with JEEPERS CREEPERS...so perhaps we should all take a deep breath and make like this was something that happened at last night's Christmas party and pretend it never happened!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home