Thursday, November 08, 2007

Fortress

I've always had a soft spot for Christopher Lambert but even I'll admit he sure makes some stinkers. This isn't quite one of them but if it were not for director Stuart Gordon and some great supporting cast it could have been. The plot is of no import here....what is are the actors working with him. Jeffrey Combs in a pair of glasses that must have given him headaches if he had them on for any more than ten seconds, Kurtwood Smith playing another bad guy and Lincoln Kilpatrick as the bad ass with a heart. These are the guys who make FORTRESS watchable...that and a couple tabs of acid as a side wouldn't hurt and Gordon seems to have been taking a page from the Ken Russell book of film making.

2 Comments:

Blogger My Dearest.... said...

havent seen it...

hehe... thanks for passing by my blog...

If you wanna learn spanish, french or german... I can help you..

take care.. keep on with your writting..

7:38 PM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

heh heh. Fuunny.

Hey, I was sort of the same about Shakespeare in Love as you. I really liked it. I really did...but not LIKED it if that makes sense...and of all things I am such a Shakespeare fanatic...but I did have fun...and occassionally I'll watcha few minutes of it if it's on tv, but not the whole thing. Weird, hmmm...

Hey Mister Anchovy has a review of Steve Earle, and I know you're interested...

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home