Thursday, November 08, 2007

Evil Dead 2-Dead by Dawn

Man was I ever pissed when this came out twenty years ago! I had really hoped Sam Raimi was going to take that big fat budget and deliver us one serious mind-fucking piece of horror...instead he gave us one of the bloodiest comedies known to man. I've grown fonder of this film over the years now that I'm past my disappointment and it remains a wonderfuly fun romp. Raimi had the great quote on this one, "slime's no crime" talking about the censors constantly howling about his films and though there is lots of slime there are buckets of blood as well. I mean that in a very literal sense...buckets of blood. Bruce Campbell is totally out of control here and is a joy to watch. As I mentioned...good fun all around....just not scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home