Thursday, November 22, 2007

Nightbreed

Another film I hated when it was first released and now look at fondly. Clive Barker wrote and directed this screen version of CABAL and I can't help but think it would have been better with somebody other than Craig Sheffer in the lead. He just looks too soap operish for my tastes and he did cut his chops in that field. Watching it now I can't help but feel like I'm viewing an episode of ANGEL or something as this guy looks just like a David Boreanaz type. Still NIGHTBREED does have some great creatures, a killer performance from David Cronenberg as a psycho killer shrink and enough splat to keep the gorehounds happy. Uneven at times but still entertaining even with the bad one-liners. Look for old Pinhead himself Doug Bradley as Lylesberg.

1 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

You know what...I really loved tis movie whe it came out. i thoughtthe cinematography was incredible, I loved the film location near Calgary and I thoughtit had some inventive treatments in the story. I haven't seen it for a long time, but I always admired this movie. Yes Cronenberg rocked it!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home