Thursday, October 18, 2007

Haute tension (High Tension)

Holy shit! Sometimes I have a great knack for sticking my head up my ass and such was the case here. I remeber when this hit one of our festivals as SWITCHBLADE ROMANCE and sadly I missed it. Then, without making the connection, I was given the DVD under the title of HIGH TENSION and watched it for about ten minutes before turning it off.......my bad. You looking for an old fashioned no appologies, no holds barred slice 'em and dice 'em splatter fest...then this baby is for you. After that mentioned ten minutes it doesn't take long for this sucker to get rolling and when it does prepare yourself for a throat grabbing intestine churning roller coaster the likes you haven't seen since the original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE or LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT. In fact, when Wes Craven saw this baby he hand picked director Alexandre Aja to direct the remake of THE HILLS HAVE EYES, a bloody wise move in my opinion! Run, don't walk to find this modern gem of terror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home