Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Bourne Ultimatum

I must admit I thought it an odd choice to bring director Paul Greengrass on for THE BOURNE SUPREMACY and I was more than pleasantly surprised with the results. Greengrass returns to helm the latest offering and the results are a hell of a lot different this time around. Make no mistake here, THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM delivers the goods in spades with excellent scripting and top notch acting. The problem is with the camera work. I haven't seen anything quite like this since THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT and I seriously and strongly recommend you take a fist full of Gravol before viewing this baby. That aside, it's well worth the money to check this one out in the theatre and it's also nice to know that despite Damon's assertions there is still room to perhaps squeeze another film out of this franchise.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I have to say it was a nice effect to see the scripters fold the ending of the last film into the plot of this one. Excellent touch...also...Julia Stiles once agains shows she is growing into her acting chops just fine. A small sidenote...those of you who have not checked out THE THEORY OF FLIGHT by Greengrass really should do so.

1 Comments:

Blogger mister anchovy said...

We really loved this movie too. I thought the hand-held camera-work was a great touch. There were sequences in the film that verged on abstract painting. It was visually one of the more interesting films I've seen in ages.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home